Glenrothes distillery is located in the town of Roses, near the River Spey, the region with particularly many distilleries in Scotland. It was established in 1878 and has a long history. The distillery is also known as a source of famous blended whiskies such as "Famous Grouse" and "Cutty Sark," and most of the production is shipped for blending. The release of popular single vintages has made the Glenrothes name well known, but only a small percentage of the production is bottled as a single malt. The distillery has five sets of stills (wash still and spirit still) in a majestic cathedral-like stillhouse, and produces 5.5 million liters per year. Glenrothes takes a longer time than other distilleries to produce its heavy whisky, which also requires a long time to mature.
- Release date2022.12.16
- Number of units issued100
- ItemGlenrothes MEGAMI collab
- Bulk Litre200 Litre (incl 5.0L for sample)
- Alc. Strength66.70%
- Cask Capacity250 Litre
- Cask TypeHogshead
- Country of OriginUnited Kingdom
- Smallest Purchasable Amount1/100 (1.9 Litre)
- Bottling Date2032.12 ~
Notification for the Owners
- The owner of the NFT can receive part of the bottling result (bottled whisky) when the cask is bottled.
- NFT owners can participate in the games made by UniCask. From winning these games participants can win rewards.
- The date and year of bottling, bottling specifications, -including but not limited to bottle shape, label(s), capsule- and the location of delivery shall be fixed by UniCask for each of the casks.
- The Glenrothes 2012 cask will be bottled in 2032. However UniCask may bring forward the date and/or year of bottling when it is difficult to continue aging the whisky in the wooden cask.
- The owner of the NFT cannot claim to change the date or year of bottling, or ask to partially bottle the cask prior to the date/year fixed by UniCask UniCask.
- Since the spirits(whisky) in a wooden cask evaporates by a certain percentage during maturation, the quantity or alcohol strength to be handed over to the NFT owner after bottling cannot be guaranteed.
- Also, the latestet figure of the litre of whisky inside the cask, obtained in December 2022, is 200 L, of which 5.0L shall be drawn from the cask to be used as sample. The quantity per item you purchase is 1.9 L of whisky. This is the figure obtained first by deducting 5.0 L of the sample from 200 L, then by dividing the result 195 L by 100.
- This item is alcohol beverage, and you must fulfill the related requirements such as age prescribed in the laws and regulations of your country of residence.