Linkwood distillery is located in Elgin, the Speyside region of Scotland. It was established in 1821 by Peter Brown, an estate agent, and named after an aristocratic mansion that stood there. In the heyday of blended whisky, it was valued as a key malt for blending due to its high quality and was even called 'the finest malt available'. In those days each distillery was ranked on a scale of up to five stars, with Linkwood receiving a five-star rating. Even today, most of the production is used in blends, with few releases as a single malt. Its light, floral aroma and smooth body make it a popular brand. The distillery is also known for the rich natural environment surrounding it. The nearby ponds from which they draw cooling water are a swan rookery, and swans have become a symbol of the distillery.
- Release date2022.05.25
- Number of units issued100
- ItemLinkwood Kingsbury
- Bulk Litre214.9 Litre (incl 6.0 L for sample)
- Alc. Strength63.60%
- Cask Capacity250 Litre
- Cask TypeHogshead
- Country of OriginUnited Kingdom
- Smallest Purchasable Amount1/100 (2.0 Litre)
- Bottling Date2052.05 ~
Notification for the Owners
- The owner of the NFT can receive part of the bottling result (bottled whisky) when the cask is bottled.
- NFT owners can participate in the games made by UniCask. From winning these games participants can win rewards.
- The date and year of bottling, bottling specifications, -including but not limited to bottle shape, label(s), capsule- and the location of delivery shall be fixed by UniCask for each of the casks.
- The Linkwood cask will be bottled in 2052. However UniCask may bring forward the date and/or year of bottling when it is difficult to continue aging the whisky in the wooden cask.
- The owner of the NFT cannot claim to change the date or year of bottling, or ask to partially bottle the cask prior to the date/year fixed by UniCask UniCask.
- Since the spirits(whisky) in a wooden cask evaporates by a certain percentage during maturation, the quantity or alcohol strength to be handed over to the NFT owner after bottling cannot be guaranteed.
- Also, the latestet figure of the litre of whisky inside the cask, obtained in June 2021, is 214.9 Litre, of which 6.0 Litre shall be drawn from the cask to be used as sample. The quantity per item you purchase is 2.0 Litre of whisky. This is the figure obtained first by deducting 6.0 Litre of the sample from 214.9 Litre, then by dividing the result 208.9 Litre by 100.
- This item is alcohol beverage, and you must fulfill the related requirements such as age prescribed in the laws and regulations of your country of residence.