Springbank is a single malt whisky distillery located in Campbeltown on the Kintyre peninsula, in western Scotland. Since its establishment in 1828 to this day, their single malt has been loved by the whisky connoisseurs. The distillery is located within several hundred meters from the Firth of Clyde, which is said to impart saltiness to the whisky during maturation, and makes Springbank a complex single malt with rich flavours. Springbank is also one of the few distilleries that the late whisky critic Michael Jackson gave his highest five star, and enjoys great popularity.
- Release date2021/12/15
- Number of units issued100
- ItemSingle Malt Scotch Whisky distilled at Springbank Distillery
- Bulk Litre112.2 Litre (incl 4.2 L for sample)
- Alc. Strength56.40%
- Cask Capacity250 Litre
- Cask TypeHogshead
- Country of OriginUnited Kingdom
- ProducerSpringbank Distillery
- Smallest Purchasable Amount1/100 (1.08 Litre)
- Bottling DateFrom Dec 2041
Notification for the Owners
- The owner of the NFT can receive his/her share of the whisky (bottled whisky) when the cask is bottled.
- NFT owners can participate in the games made by UniCask. From winning these games participants can win rewards.
- The date and year of bottling, bottling specifications, -including but not limited to bottle shape, label(s), capsule- and the location of delivery shall be determined by UniCask Co. Ltd. for each of the casks.
- The Springbank 1991 cask will start bottling in Dec 2041. However UniCask Co. Ltd. may bring forward the date and/or year of bottling when it is deemed difficult to continue aging the whisky in the wooden cask.
- The owner of the NFT cannot claim to change the date or year of bottling, or ask to partially bottle the cask.
- Since the spirits(whisky) in a wooden cask evaporates by a certain percentage during maturation, the quantity or alcohol strength to be handed over to the NFT owner after bottling cannot be guaranteed.
- Also, the latest figure of the litre of whisky inside the cask, obtained in August 2021, is 112.2 L (Litre), of which 4.2L shall be reserved to be used as sample and reward. The quantity per item the owner purchase is 1.08 L of whisky. This is the figure obtained first by deducting 4.2 L of the sample from 112.2 L, then by dividing the result 108.0 L by 100.
- This item is alcohol beverage, and the owner of Cask NFT must fulfill the related requirements such as drinking age prescribed in the laws and regulations of your country of residence.